Information and communication technologies (ICTs) have great potential to address some of the challenges faced by both developed and developing countries in providing accessible, cost effective, high-quality health care services. Telemedicine uses ICTs to overcome geographical barriers, and increase access to health care services. This is particularly beneficial for rural and underserved communities– groups that traditionally suffer from lack of access to health care.
In light of this potential, Telemedicine services have a huge potential in improving the healthcare system of Andhra Pradesh.
The Telemedicine Services comprise a two-pronged approach:
Located at Clinic and Smaller Hospitals manned by a paramedic and equipped with a computer with videoconferencing facility, Kria Healthcare Telemedicine software, diagnostics & drug dispensing.
Located with Specialists & paramedics, equipped with a computer connected with videoconferencing facility and Kria Healthcare Telemedicine software
Key Advantages of Telemedicine
- Address the issues on shortages of specialists in PHCs
- Facilitate access to specialists for the underserved & un-served population
- Reduce Non-Communicable Diseases like Acute Diarrhea, Bacillary Dysentery, Viral Hepatitis etc,
- Bring transparency & accountability in healthcare
- Maintain detailed Electronic Health Records (EHR) that make health information instantly accessible
- Reduce Morbidity due to Injuries and Acute & chronic Illnesses
- Traceability down to each individual patient’s every medication dose